Sep 22, 2013

SHAKESPEARE ON LOVE


Shakespeare Quotations on Love

My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.
(Romeo and Juliet, 2.2.139-41)

Hear my soul speak:
The very instant that I saw you, did
My heart fly to your service.
(The Tempest, 3.1.60-3)

Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?
(As You Like It, 3.5.84)

This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath,
May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet.
(Romeo and Juliet, 2.2.121-2)

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
(A Midsummer Night's Dream, 1.1.231-2)

If thou remember'st not the slightest folly
That ever love did make thee run into,
Thou hast not loved.
(As You Like It, 2.4.33-5)

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
(Sonnet 116)

Eternity was in our lips and eyes,
Bliss in our brows' bent; none our parts so poor
But was a race of heaven.
(Antony and Cleopatra, 1.3.36-8)

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.
(Hamlet, 1.2.123-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment