Sep 23, 2012

In my moments of weakness by Esther Neema written november 2011


In my moments of weakness by Esther Neema

In my moment of weakness, I get lost,
I get in lost in truth
A truth that more than once have refused to see
I grab the mirror, forced to reflect on the image I run away from,
day by day

Forced to see the girl I detest
The weak willed piece of human staring back at me,
in this moment,now
I see the girl who breaks easily,
The kind people say poor thing

The horror of what I see, when I stare in to that mirror
Afraid yes,terrified even more,anything but strong
Yet the world has to see the image I want them to see,
Strong,strength,perfection

In my moments of weakness, I try to see light in this darkness
I get to see things I never knew existed
I see that through my weakness I become strong
In those moments, I see truth

I see truth,that there can be no perfection without a few marks
That the black spot on my face is a beauty spot
Not an interference to my smooth brown skin
Because in that weakness my strength comes alive

I begin to unveil my mask
Ready to hold my head up high that I may grow,that I may know
That I may learn,that the image the world sees is not just but a face,
But a transformation, not a mistake
One who knows that once in a while its okay not to be strong

For what is a rose without a thorn
What is a pen without ink
What is perfection without a few scars
So I unveil my mask for the world to see who I am
In my moment of weakness I see truth
That am just a girl afraid to unmask myself
Afraid to show the world who I am

No comments:

Post a Comment